Jesus gives parables about the way believers should behave.
1. What is the main point of the parable of the ten virgins?
v 13 Watch therefore, for you don’t know the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.
2. Why did Jesus condemn the man with one talent, and what should he have done?
v 26 ... ‘You wicked and slothful servant ...
v 27 You ought therefore to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received back my own with interest.
3. Who had those who were commended fed, clothed and visited?
v 40 ... you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, ...
- v 1 to 13 In the parable of the ten virgins, five of the virgins have enough oil in their lamps and are ready for the bridegroom’s return. The other five are not prepared and don't have enough oil
- v 14 to 30 In the parable of the talents a man going on a journey distributes his goods to his servants according to their ability. They are rewarded according to how they have used what they have been given
v 31 to 46 When Jesus returns, people from all nations will be segregated according to how they have treated those whom Jesus regards as his brethren. Those who have treated his brethren with consideration will be invited into the Kingdom prepared from the foundation of the world. Those who have treated Christ's brethren badly will go into eternal punishment