Problems in the Corinthian church.
1. How does Paul know the Corinthians are "still fleshly"?
v 3 for you are still fleshly. For insofar as there is jealousy, strife, and factions amongst you, aren’t you fleshly, and don’t you walk in the ways of men?
2. What foundation has Paul laid on which others build?
v 11 For no one can lay any other foundation than that which has been laid, which is Jesus Christ.
3. What does God think about the wisdom of this world?
v 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. ...
- v 1 to 9 The Corinthian church is divided into groups following different leaders. Instead they should all be working together to build God's building
- v 10 to 15 Paul says that all believers should build up the church on the foundation of Jesus Christ. All of our building work will be tried by fire. But whatever happens to our work we will be saved if we are trying to build on the correct foundation
- v 16 and 17 We are part of God's temple in which God's spirit lives, God will destroy any one who destroys his temple
- v 18 to 20 Don't deceive yourselves into thinking you are clever. Our own ideas are foolish to God.
- v 21 to 23 Don't put confidence in human things because really all things belong to those who are Christ's