Paul is pleased by the response of the believers in Thessalonica.
1. What does Paul remember about the Thessalonian believers?
v 3 remembering without ceasing your work of faith and labour of love and perseverance of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, before our God and Father.
2. What was the big change in the lives of the Thessalonians?
v 9 ... how you turned to God from idols, to serve a living and true God,
3. What are the Thessalonians waiting for?
v 10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead: Jesus ...
- v 1 to 5 Paul, Silvanus and Timothy give thanks to God for the Thessalonian believers, always remembering their loving and faithful way of life. The Thessalonian believers are reminded that they are chosen by God and that their reception of the Good News is backed up by the power of the Holy Spirit
- v 6 to 10 The believers in Thessalonica followed the example of Paul, his companions and the Lord. So they became an example to the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. They had turned from idols to serve God and were waiting for the return of Jesus