More about Christ’s coming and further advice on living.
Be at peace amongst yourselves.
1. What will people be saying before Jesus returns?
v 3 For when they are saying, “Peace and safety,” then sudden destruction will come on them ...
2. What should believers do because they belong to the day?
v 8 But since we belong to the day, let’s be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet, the hope of salvation.
3. What did Paul exhort the brothers to do for their fellow members?
v 14 We exhort you, brothers: Admonish the disorderly; encourage the faint-hearted; support the weak; be patient towards all.
- v 1 to 3 Paul encourages the Thessalonian believers not to be like non-believers who will not expect the day of the Lord
- v 4 to 10 Believers are to be ready all the time, arming themselves with faith, hope and love and the hope of salvation
- v 11 to 22 Paul exhorts them to respect their fellow workers and to help each other for their good. He encourages them to live peacefully, cheerfully, prayerfully and honestly
- v 23 to 28 Paul prays for God to bless them and find them blameless at the coming of Jesus