A wise provision is made for life in the promised land.
1. Why did God tell Joshua to assign the cities of refuge?
v 2 and 3 ... ‘Assign the cities of refuge, of which I spoke to you by Moses, that the man slayer who kills any person accidentally or unintentionally may flee there. ...
2. How long did the man slayer have to stay in the city of refuge?
v 6 ... until the death of the high priest that shall be in those days ...
3. Which cities were set apart as cities of refuge?
v 7 and 8 They set apart Kedesh in Galilee ... Shechem ... and Kiriath Arba (also called Hebron) ... Beyond the Jordan ... Bezer ... Ramoth in Gilead ... and Golan in Bashan ...
- v 1 to 3 Cities of refuge are to be set aside where anyone who accidentally kills someone can go to and avoid a revenge killing
- v 4 to 6 If the man slayer is believed by the elders of the city they will protect him from those who want to kill him
- v 7 to 9 Cities of refuge are selected on both sides of the Jordan. (See map)