Two further parables.
1. What does Jesus say about being faithful?
v 10 He who is faithful in a very little is faithful also in much. ...
2. What does Jesus say about serving two masters?
v 13 No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to one, and despise the other. You aren’t able to serve God and Mammon.”
3. What does Jesus say will never convince people who take no notice of Moses and the prophets?
v 31 ... ‘If they don’t listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if one rises from the dead.’"
- v 1 to 17 This parable tells of a dishonest manager who steals from his master and who tries to cheat his way out. The parable implies that believers should be as wise about serving God, as unbelievers are in the things of this world
- v 18 Jesus defines adultery
- v 19 to 31 In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, Jesus parodies Jewish belief in an ongoing life after death and contrasts that with his belief in resurrection from the dead