After overcoming temptation, Jesus starts his work.
‘On their hands they will bear you up,
so that you don’t dash your foot against a stone.’ ”
towards the sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles,
to those who sat in the region and shadow of death,
to them light has dawned.”
1. What did Jesus use to overcome the temptations?
v 4 But he answered, “It is written, ....
v 7 Jesus said to him, “Again, it is written, ...
v 10 Then Jesus said to him, ... For it is written, ...
(he used the Old Testament scriptures)
2. What did Jesus say Peter and Andrew could become?
v 19 He said to them, “Come after me, and I will make you fishers for men.”
3. What did Jesus do in all Galilee?
v 23 Jesus went about in all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the Good News of the Kingdom, and healing every disease and every sickness amongst the people.
- v 1 to 11 Jesus is led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. He resists by remembering Old Testament Scriptures and chooses to obey them despite attractive alternatives
- v 12 to 17 Jesus moves to Galilee and starts teaching as predicted by Isaiah. He teaches repentance because the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand
- v 18 to 22 Jesus calls James and John to be his disciples.
- v 23 to 25 Jesus preaches and heals. Many people from Galilee, Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea and beyond the Jordan follow him