Jesus concludes his lifestyle advice.
1. What does Jesus say about how we will be judged?
v 2 For with whatever judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you.
2. What does Jesus say is one condition for entering the Kingdom of Heaven?
v 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
3. How does a man have to respond to Jesus' words to be like someone building a house that won't fall?
v 24 Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.
- v 1 to 14 Jesus gives more advice on how we should live
- We will be judged in the same way that we judge others (v 1 and 2)
- Don't judge others harshly because we are probably as bad as them (v 3 to 5)
- Don't try to give God's message to those who obviously don't want it (v 6)
- Like ordinary fathers, God will give us things that will be good for us if we ask him (v 7 to 12)
- Not many will find the restricted way to life (v 13 and 14)
- Jesus warns us to beware of those who would lead us astray. We can recognise such people by the results of what they do. They will eventually be rejected by Jesus (v 15 to 23)
- v 24 to 29 Jesus likens those who listen to him to a wise man who builds a house that resists all the storms that come against it