Greetings to the seven assemblies and a vision of the son of man.
He laid his right hand on me, saying, “Don’t be afraid. I am the first and the last,
1. What do are those who are blessed do?
v 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written in it, for the time is at hand.
2. What does John say about Jesus Christ?
v 5 and 6 ... Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us, and washed us from our sins by his blood— and he made us to be a Kingdom, priests to his God and Father ...
3. What does John say about Jesus coming with the clouds?
v 7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, including those who pierced him. All the tribes of the earth will mourn over him ...
- v 1 to 3 Jesus gives John a message about the future which he has received from God
- v 4 to 8 John sends greetings to the seven assemblies (churches) from God and from Jesus Christ. Christ will return and the Lord God is the Almighty
- v 9 to 11 John is told to write what he sees and send the message to the seven assemblies listed
- 12 to 20 John sees an awesome vision of a son of man among seven lamp stands. He tells John not to fear but to write down what he sees about the seven assemblies