The river of life and a final reminder that Jesus is coming soon.
Amen! Yes, come, Lord Jesus.
1. What are we told about the servants of God and the Lamb?
v 3 to 5 ... The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no night, and they need no lamp light or sun light; for the Lord God will illuminate them. They will reign forever and ever.
2. What does Jesus tell John about the reward he will give?
v 12 ... My reward is with me, to repay to each man according to his work.
3. Who is John told are blessed?
v 7 ... Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
v 14 Blessed are those who do his commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city.
- v 1 to 5 The water of life is symbolic of wonderful blessings flowing from the throne in Jerusalem
- v 6 to 11 The angel continues to say that he has been sent to show John future events for the time is short
- v 12 to 17 Believers are urged to prepare for the sure return of Jesus. Those keeping his commandments will be blessed with access to the city. Others will be excluded
- v 18 to 21 Believers are warned to take note of this book neither adding to nor subtracting from its message