A vision of Jesus Christ as a Lamb.
“You are worthy to take the book
and to open its seals:
for you were killed,
and bought us for God with your blood
out of every tribe, language, people, and nation,
and we will reign on the earth.”
1. Who is worthy to open the book?
v 5 and 6 One of the elders said to me, “Don’t weep. Behold, the Lion who is of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome: he who opens the book and its seven seals.” I saw in the middle of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the middle of the elders, a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain ...
2. What do the bowls of incense represent?
v 8 ... and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
3. What does every created thing say?
v 13 I heard every created thing which is in heaven, on the earth, under the earth, on the sea, and everything in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb be the blessing, the honour, the glory, and the dominion, forever and ever! Amen!”
- v 1 to 7 John sees a vision of one sitting on a throne with a book in his hand. The only one worthy to open the book and its seven seals is the Lamb who takes the book from the one on the throne
- v 8 to 14 Those in the vision praise the Lamb for his sacrifice, his role as saviour, and look to his future dominion