Practical applications of being “in Christ”.
1. How does Paul say we should treat someone caught in some fault?
v 1 Brothers, even if a man is caught in some fault, you who are spiritual must restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; looking to yourself so that you also aren’t tempted.
2. What does Paul say that the one who sows to the flesh will reap?
v 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. ...
3. Who does Paul say we should do good to?
v 10 So then, as we have opportunity, let’s do what is good towards all men, and especially towards those who are of the household of the faith.
- v 1 to 5 Believers should gently restore anyone who has gone astray and be careful they don’t become proud or go astray themselves
- v 6 to 10 If we follow our natural inclinations (sowing to the flesh) we will have no hope. If we sow to the spirit we will have eternal life. As opportunity arises do good to all
- v 11 to 18 A final appeal to trust in what Jesus Christ achieved on the cross and to resist returning to the law of Moses