Jesus prays with his disciples before reaching Gethsemane, just outside Jerusalem.
1. How does Jesus describe eternal life?
v 3 This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
2. What does Jesus say about the words that God has given?
v 8 for the words which you have given me I have given to them, and they received them, and knew for sure that I came from you. They have believed that you sent me.
3. Why does Jesus say the world hated those to whom he gave God's word?
v 14 I have given them your word. The world hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
- v 1 to 8 Jesus prays to God that he will glorify him. He has finished the work of preaching to his disciples. They believe that Jesus came from God
- v 9 to 19 Jesus prays for his disciples. He has looked after them and only lost one. He prays that they will be kept from the evil in the world
- v 20 to 26 He also prays for later believers that they will know and appreciate the love of God