Jesus gives practical advice for living.
1. What does Jesus say cannot be forgiven?
v 10 ... but those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
2. What warning does Jesus give about our possessions?
v 15 ... “Beware! Keep yourselves from covetousness, for a man’s life doesn’t consist of the abundance of the things which he possesses.”
3. What does Jesus say we should and should not be seeking in our lives?
v 29 to 31 Don’t seek what you will eat or what you will drink; neither be anxious. For the nations of the world seek after all of these things, but your Father knows that you need these things. But seek God’s Kingdom, and all these things will be added to you.
- v 1 to 3 Beware of hypocrisy, nothing can be hidden from God
- v 4 to 12 Fear God not men
- v 13 to 15 Jesus did not come to be a judge but warns against covetousness
- v 16 to 21 Parable of a rich man who dies before he can enjoy his riches
- v 22 to 34 Jesus encourages trust in God's provision of daily necessities, and encourages focus on seeking God's Kingdom
- v 35 to 59 Parables about being ready for Christ's coming and the Kingdom