A tomb similar to one where Jesus would have been buried (v 2).
Jesus is raised from the dead and is seen by his followers. He then goes from them, into heaven.
1. When did the women come to the tomb?
v 2 Very early on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen.
2. Who was the first disciple to meet the risen Jesus?
v 9 Now when he had risen early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene,
3. How many times, according to Mark, did Jesus appear and talk to the disciples after he was raised?
v 9 ... he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, ...
v 12 After these things he was revealed in another form to two of them, ...
and v 14 Afterward he was revealed to the eleven ...
- v 1 to 8 Some of Jesus’ disciples go to the tomb very early on the first day of the week, and find the tomb empty. A young man in white (an angel) tells them that Jesus has risen from the dead
- v 9 to 13 Jesus appears on several occasions to a number of his disciples
- v 14 to 18 Jesus appears to the eleven disciples and reprimands them because they didn't believe he had risen. Jesus tells the disciples to preach that those who believe and are baptised will be saved
- v 19 and 20 Jesus ascends into heaven and the disciples start to preach the good news