Jesus is transfigured.
They were exceedingly sorry.
When he came into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth receive toll or tribute? From their children, or from strangers?”
Jesus said to him, “Therefore the children are exempt.
1. What happened to Jesus when he took Peter, James and John up a mountain?
v 2 and 3 He was changed before them. His face shone like the sun, and his garments became as white as the light. Behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them talking with him.
2. What did the voice out of the cloud tell them?
v 5 ... Behold, a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to him.”
3. What did Jesus tell his disciples in Galilee that made them sorry?
v 22 and 23 ... Jesus said to them, “The Son of Man is about to be delivered up into the hands of men, and they will kill him, and the third day he will be raised up.” They were exceedingly sorry.
- v 1 to 9 Three disciples see Jesus' face and garments shine brilliantly, and Moses and Elijah appear talking to him. They hear a voice saying “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to him.” Jesus tells them not to tell anyone what they have seen until he has risen from the dead
- v 10 to 13 Jesus explains that a prediction about Elijah refers to John the Baptiser
- v 14 to 21 Jesus heals an epileptic and says that his disciples were unable to do so because of their lack of faith
- v 22 and 23 Jesus again foretells his death and resurrection
v 24 to 27 Peter pays the didrachma temple tax for Jesus and himself using a stater coin