The resurrection of Jesus
They came and took hold of his feet, and worshipped him.
1. What was the angel's message to the women?
v 5 to 7 ... “Don’t be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus, who has been crucified. He is not here, for he has risen, just like he said. Come, see the place where the Lord was lying. Go quickly and tell his disciples, ‘He has risen from the dead, and behold, he goes before you into Galilee; there you will see him’. ...
2. What were the soldiers bribed to tell people about the empty tomb?
v 13 ... "Say that his disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
3. What were Jesus' last words to his disciples recorded by Matthew?
v 18 to 20 ... “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” ...
- v 1 to 7 The two Marys come to the tomb. An angel rolls the stone away from the door of the tomb. The guards are overcome and the angel tells the women that Jesus has risen from the dead. They are told to go quickly and tell his disciples
- v 8 to 10 As they are going to tell the disciples, Jesus meets them and tells them that he will see his brothers in Galilee
- v 11 to 15 The guards are bribed to lie about what has happened
v 16 to 20 Jesus meets the disciples in Galilee and tells them that he now has all authority in heaven and earth. He tells them to teach and baptise more disciples. He promises to be with believers